What Am I Doing?

I (Tim Lotz) will be going to Uganda, Africa on January 4th, 2013. Before then I am going to try to raise money for shoes for the kids in Oditel (the village I am going to) because they don't have shoes to walk to school in and there are alot of foot infections. To do this I am going to get pledges for every day I go without shoes. My goal is 100 days. But you can help too. You can make a one time donation on this page. If you don't have that much money you can donate a used pair of flip-flops (flip-flops are best because they don't wear out as fast and they fit more sizes) I will be starting on September 1st. Wish me luck!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Days 10-13

Monday was a normal school day, and not much happened. I'm still not used to getting up early but other than that it was a good Monday. Tuesday (Day 11) I told my drum teacher, Josh about what I was doing, and when he found out I was going to Uganda with The River Church, he told me that's where his fiancee goes to church. So that was cool. Yesterday (Day 12), I went to the first Wenesday night youth group for the fall, and told them why I was bare foot so we are still raising awareness, which is always good. Today I got home and finally made that collection can that I talked about in the last post.  After that I went to a meeting about National Honors Society, then went to my church to paint a shirt for Messy Olympics, and play ga-ga ball. (Messy Olympics is a thing my church does every year where the high school classes compete in alot of different messy games.  I'm sure this year the Juniors are going to win!)  Can't wait for that on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment