What Am I Doing?

I (Tim Lotz) will be going to Uganda, Africa on January 4th, 2013. Before then I am going to try to raise money for shoes for the kids in Oditel (the village I am going to) because they don't have shoes to walk to school in and there are alot of foot infections. To do this I am going to get pledges for every day I go without shoes. My goal is 100 days. But you can help too. You can make a one time donation on this page. If you don't have that much money you can donate a used pair of flip-flops (flip-flops are best because they don't wear out as fast and they fit more sizes) I will be starting on September 1st. Wish me luck!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Day 4

Yesterday was the first day of school, (I'm posting this a day late) and it was okay. I was stopped by a few teachers in the halls, but after I said I got premission from the principal, and told them what it was for they seemed okay with it. I had alot of kids asking what I was doing it for, so that's good. By the end of the day it had spread among the teachers and my 7th hour teacher already knew about it when I got there. Hopefully it is spreading through the students just as fast. Anyway, after school I got an email from my principal saying it turns out they have a policy based of heath guidelines, and that I should wear shoe covers in school from now on, so that was a bummer, but I can't do anything about it, so oh well. The cool thing was when I went to go get shoe covers, the lady that checked us out asked why we were buying shoe covers and then said she had some flip-flops she wanted to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment