What Am I Doing?

I (Tim Lotz) will be going to Uganda, Africa on January 4th, 2013. Before then I am going to try to raise money for shoes for the kids in Oditel (the village I am going to) because they don't have shoes to walk to school in and there are alot of foot infections. To do this I am going to get pledges for every day I go without shoes. My goal is 100 days. But you can help too. You can make a one time donation on this page. If you don't have that much money you can donate a used pair of flip-flops (flip-flops are best because they don't wear out as fast and they fit more sizes) I will be starting on September 1st. Wish me luck!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Day - 45

Hi, Everybody. I'm almost half way there, and for day 50, I was thinking about doing a Q&A, so if you have any questions comment on this post. 
The exciting news is that we have raised enough money for shoes and Bibles for all of the orphans in Oditel.  We are now adopting the village of Nyada and hoping to have enough to buy shoes for all of the orphans there too!   Keep giving and blessing this kids in Africa!
Anyway, last Sunday I was at The River church because they were doing a day focused on giving to Oditel, and the kind people there gave me about $400 twoards shoes. Last week went really slow for  some reason, and not much happened. Saturday I went to go see Taken 2 and got yelled at by the guy at the connsesions stand, but after I told him what it was for he was okay with it. This Sunday we went to get pumpkins at Gene-Gene's and the lady that was collecting pay said to just donate it to buying shoes, so that was really cool. I think that is all that has happened since my last post. Don't forget to donate we still need about $900 for those kids in Nyada. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment