What Am I Doing?

I (Tim Lotz) will be going to Uganda, Africa on January 4th, 2013. Before then I am going to try to raise money for shoes for the kids in Oditel (the village I am going to) because they don't have shoes to walk to school in and there are alot of foot infections. To do this I am going to get pledges for every day I go without shoes. My goal is 100 days. But you can help too. You can make a one time donation on this page. If you don't have that much money you can donate a used pair of flip-flops (flip-flops are best because they don't wear out as fast and they fit more sizes) I will be starting on September 1st. Wish me luck!

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day - 36

The interview last Sunday went well, and we sold about $50 of wristbands at it. The week was a pretty normal week. Friday there was an article about 100 Days Without Shoes in the school newspaper so that helped awareness, hopefully causing more people to donate. As it gets closer to winter it is definitely getting alot colder in the mornings. It doesn't look like it will be like last year and not snow till Christmas. It looks more like its going to snow in early November. Oh well. Tommorow I go to The River church and try to get donations and let people know why I'm going barefoot. After that the Uganda team has another meeting to go over the Ateso language. We have reached our second goal, so now we have a Bible and a pair of shoes for every orphan in the village. This means we only need about $1,200 till we reach our final goal. I have no doubt that God will be able to get us to that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment