What Am I Doing?

I (Tim Lotz) will be going to Uganda, Africa on January 4th, 2013. Before then I am going to try to raise money for shoes for the kids in Oditel (the village I am going to) because they don't have shoes to walk to school in and there are alot of foot infections. To do this I am going to get pledges for every day I go without shoes. My goal is 100 days. But you can help too. You can make a one time donation on this page. If you don't have that much money you can donate a used pair of flip-flops (flip-flops are best because they don't wear out as fast and they fit more sizes) I will be starting on September 1st. Wish me luck!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Day -14 (Questions)

      Whenever we tell people about 100 Days Without Shoes we get asked some of the same questions over and over.  Here are some of those questions and my responses:
1. Q: What about school; don't you have to wear shoes in school?
    A: I have aready talked to my principal and he was super supportive of it.  He said he would put information in the school newsletter, and send a photo to all the teachers telling them not to stop me in the halls.  Thanks Portage Central!
2. Q: Won't your feet get cold in December?
    A: Yes, yes they will, but I will push through it.  Hopefully they will be tough enough before the snow falls!
3. Q: What about resturaunts and stores?
    A: My family rarely eats out, and I hate shopping so I will happily avoid stores.
4. Q: What are you doing it for?
    A: To rise money to buy shoes for kids in Oditel, Uganda.
5. Q: Why not just ask for money like most organizations would?
    A:  It shows how bad some kids have to live, and how good we really have it. I think it will be good to experience what the kids in Oditel have to go through every day.  By going 100 days without shoes people will see how determined I am and hopefully donate to buying shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment